Windows Update History Deleted After Sysprep

I've been testing Windows Update History on my virtual machines and noticed that a machine which has had several Windows Updates installed on it was not listing any of them in its Update history:

Screenshot of Update history showing no updates have been installed

Cause

After a little research, I discovered that it was because the updates were installed on my base virtual machine which I then cloned and ran sysprep on to create the test virtual machine.  It seems running sysprep causes the update history to be deleted.

If I just clone my base virtual machine and do not run sysprep then look at the Update history, I can see all the installed updates:

Screenshot of Update history showing installed updates

Related Posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LG TV This app will now restart to free up more memory

LG TV Clear All Browsing History Data

LG TV turn off Quick Start in settings