Bug copying files from host to virtual machine on VMware workstation

I found another bug whilst testing Windows files on my virtual test environment.

I made a folder on my host machine which contains a couple of test files as follows:

C:\aAéü1 !#$%&'()-.@^_`{}~£©™\aAéü1 !#$%&'()+,-.;=@[]^_`{}~£©™.txt
C:\aAéü1 !#$%&'()-.@^_`{}~£©™\aAéü1 !#$%&'()+,-.;=@^_`{}~£©™.txt


I then dragged and dropped the folder onto my virtual machine and was shocked to see that a square bracket had been inserted into both file names!

C:\aAéü1 !#$%&'()-.@^_`{}~£©™\aAéü1 !#$]%&'()+,-.;=@[]^_`{}~£©™.txt
C:\aAéü1 !#$%&'()-.@^_`{}~£©™\aAéü1 !#$]%&'()+,-.;=@^_`{}~£©™.txt



These particular file names are obscure but I do wonder if this could happen in circumstances with more conventional file names that happen to include characters that trigger this bug!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LG TV This app will now restart to free up more memory

LG TV Clear All Browsing History Data

LG TV turn off Quick Start in settings